Friday, May 27, 2011

Daily Does of BS May 27


I remember when I was a kid and we had a phone in the kitchen, the family room and the basement… that was it.  I finally talked my folks into letting me have one in my room, and remember talking to girlfriends all hours of the night and when my mom and dad would come in to say good night pretend to be sleeping so that I could continue the conversations with my girl.  That also lead to the not hang up game remember that one?  Not being the first to hang up after the conversation….. I think I had one that lasted all night, but my memory is starting to get old.  But the point to my story is that a phone was a privilege to have not a right.  When did having a phone become a right?  I have 4 kids as I have mentioned many times before my oldest is 15 and has a phone, everyone of the kids he hangs with but one has a phone.  My 12 year old does not have one but tells us that all the kids in his school has one…. I call BS.  The way that phones are used by kids now is that they do everything with them but make phone calls.  and if that is the case, why do you even need a phone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment