Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Daily Dose of BS Aug 12 forgotten kids

I saw a campaign on facebook to leave your phone in the backseat when your baby is in the car, not so you don’t text and drive but so you don’t forget your baby in the car.  Huh?  Did I read that right, unfortunately I did read that right.  How in the hell can you leave your baby in the car?  I just don’t get it.  When I was a kid we stopped to have dinner at a McDonalds and my brother wouldn’t get into the car, after my parents pleaded with him to hop in, he didn’t so my dad drove around the block and came back to pick him up.  Now days you would probably go to jail for that stunt, which brings me to the family from France who drove 90 miles before realizing that they left their 3 year old daughter at a rest area.  As a dad myself, don’t you check the car seats or look in the mirrors at your kids while you are driving?  This phenomenon of parents forgetting their kids happens so often it has a name it’s called Forgotten Baby Syndrome.  Here’s some advice, look before you get out of your car, and look before you take off.

No comments:

Post a Comment