Friday, September 2, 2011

oops..Daily Dose September 1st...forgot to post


My middle son is a teenager today, for many of the past 8 years he has started school on his birthday, this year is no different.  I give him lots of credit, I would have been upset going to school on my birthday.  I grew up in Minnesota and when I was a kid we never started school before Labor Day.  Now the kids start September 1st and go till the first week in June.  I think that is a long school year, see my post yesterday, I don’t think it is bad just long.  If there are any snow days the kids get a “freebie”  then after one, they start adding days at the end of the year.   So in theory we could go to school till July if we have a bad enough winter…it is sad to think that this is a possibility.  Could you imagine going to school even past the first week in June?  Anyway happy birthday Zak and hope everyone had a great first day of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment