Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Daily Dose of BS September 14


I haven’t worked retail since I was in high school.  I have a few friends that work it now as a second job.  I am surprised that with many retail stores have call-in shifts, where you are on the schedule to call in to see if you are needed.  I would think that as productive member of the community you would have better things to do than to schedule your life around the “possibility” of working.  Don’t get me wrong, having a second job is a good thing for the economy.  But having a “chance” to work at a job and not get paid to be on call….not being paid for the opportunity to not work and then scheduling or not scheduling a family event or a vacation or a get away in order to not work seems silly to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment