Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Daily Dose of BS March 27 traditional media

Ever thought of the question Is traditional media dead?  I am talking about the good old forms of broadcast media?  I am talking radio and tv, AM and FM radio and good old broadcast TV.  I spend hours a day with good old school media, from the time I wake up to my clock radio, tuned in to Today’s Talk 1490 so I get my news right off the bat, to my time at work on the radio to my drives home listening to music and talk.  From the radio to the television while sitting on my comfortable oversized overstuffed chair getting my screen time catching my favorite tv shows.  I think that the delivery system of both radio and tv have changed but the premise has not.  I now stream more of tv than ever before and my radio station both streams and podcasts our shows.  Heck, we even have an app (get it here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wlfnam.player ) We are changing and evolving but I don’t believe that we are dead, however, my station is the only “true” AM left in the market, the other two have gone to simulcast on FM.  I think we either need to keep up, reinvent or get out of the way.  How do you listen to the radio or watch tv?

No comments:

Post a Comment