Monday, September 28, 2015

Daily Dose of BS Sept 28 thanksgiving dinner

I got an email on Friday announcing that the annual Community Thanksgiving Dinner was going to be cancelled.  Even though I had only attended that diner once, I had always talked about it and thought it was one of the gems about living in our community.  The reason for the cancellation is because of lack of volunteers to step up and help.  I am hopeful that this gem will return even brighter than before.  I guess that this goes to show that even if something is good and helps the community that the community needs to get behind and share their talents with these events, remember that they don’t run on their own.  If there is an event that you like, this could be the wakeup call for maybe you to step up and help out, I know it was a wakeup for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment