Friday, April 27, 2018

Daily Dose of BS April 27 poor sportsmanship on the fan side

I was at a high school baseball game yesterday and the first base umpire made a bad call.  I get that, it happens.  Accept the bad call and move on.  I heard one of the grown men watching the game say next time go for his head.  WHAT?  I sat there and stewed about it for a while.  I was going to go over and say something, but I wasn’t positive on who it was.  These types of outbursts are inconsiderate and I feel show the cut of who a person really is.  First of all these are all kids who are out for a sport that they enjoy doing, they will never make it to the pros.  Let the kids have fun and enjoy the camaraderie of being on a team.  My son is playing the game because he enjoys the game, he has said that once it stops being fun he is going to stop playing.  I enjoy going to the games because you get a chance to sit outside, do a little socializing and get a chance to see the players having fun.  Remember that it is just a game and at no time is it ever ok to go for his head next time.  Ever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment