Monday, April 23, 2018

Daily Dose of BS April 23 taxes

Interesting article in the paper the other day about the thing I didn’t think about with Herberger's closing, I didn’t think about the taxes on the store.  I look at the mall and some of the other areas around town and wonder what will fill the spots?  Who will pay the taxes on the empty storefront?  There was also an article over the weekend about the Jackson Plaza being at full capacity for the first time in a while.  Are all the slots in the other malls full?  I know that at Shelby Mall the Dollar store is expanding, but are the rest of the slots taken?  I know at Bridgeview Plaza there are some open spots, but I see around town more construction and more building.  Don’t get me wrong I love seeing the construction around the city, but I don’t think that the real world works much like the 1989 movie “Field of Dreams”.  Remember the tagline from that movie if you build it they will come.  As a taxpayer in the city of La Crosse, I hope that that is true.  

No comments:

Post a Comment