Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Daily Dose of BS April 25 measles

I am pretty sure that I thought that measles were eradicated then there was the story last week about the possibility of exposure in the La Crosse area, then over the past couple of days other communities around have said something about a possible measles exposure.  Today I read a story that Winona was exposed and that Iowa was exposed.  I also read that measles was eliminated in 2000, but the disease is brought back every year by unvaccinated travelers.  Pretty crappy if you ask me.  This is a highly contagious disease considered one of the most infectious around and sometimes has deadly complications with no treatment for the illness.  If you have the symptoms such as high fever, cough, runny nose and red water eyes, and you may end up with spots on the inside of your mouth, I would suggest you contact your doctor.  Did you vaccinate for measles and other diseases?  Why or why not? 

No comments:

Post a Comment