Friday, April 20, 2018

Daily Dose of BS April 20 graduating

At 5:45 last night a new chapter of my life began, as the pages of college closed with the taking of my final in Psychology so did the pages of the college chapter.  As I drove away from Western Technical College one last time as a student, I couldn’t help but feel a swelling of pride and accomplishment.  I got the opportunity to take the sales and sales management program at WTC through some grant money and because of hard work some scholarship dollars.  My college journey started after my son started with the program there, he really enjoyed it, and was asking questions about homework, he got me hooked.  This was a great experience, going back to school as an adult showed me that I could do it.  I even got to take a class with one of my sons and tomorrow I graduate with another of my sons.  I couldn’t be prouder of them.  I did learn a lot about myself with this schooling, I especially learned that I really enjoy learning and that if you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything.  For a guy that was a strong C student 30 plus years ago in high school, I proved that if you do the work, read the chapters, and take the tests that you can be an A student.  Congratulations to all who are graduating this weekend and if you are thinking about going back to school, and you need the push to do it, please reach out.  It was worth it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment