Friday, August 18, 2017

Daily Dose of BS Aug 18 buy local

I have been noticing a disturbing trend with work being done around the city.  There are a lot of out of town and out of state work trucks working on local projects such as roads, water and parks.  The other day I was watching the work being done at the new ball field at Houska Park.  I didn’t even know there was a new field going in over there, it looks great, but I noticed that there was a Winona business doing the landscaping.  I am guessing that there are a lot of La Crosse based businesses that pay taxes right here in La Crosse that would have loved to do that job.  I get that some of the other work that is farmed out to other businesses from other communities and states because you have to be competitive but for a smaller business that is putting in trees, and doing beautifying an area, wouldn’t you think that even within a range that giving the job to a local person that will be spending money locally would make more sense?  I haven’t noticed for a while but a few years ago the police cars came from a dealership in Eau Clarie again, wouldn’t it be better to buy from a local dealership?  

No comments:

Post a Comment