Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Daily Dose of BS August 16 statues

Racist? Villain? Hero? You cannot change history.  You can’t, I know many have tried with their own, but what we have done are things that we have done.  I don’t know my family’s history when it comes to slavery, I hope that we never had any slaves, I am not sure if my family has ever been involved in the creation of any positives in the world either.  I only know what I know.  If we were involved in any wrong doings that I haven’t been a part of there is really nothing I can do about it at this time.  Sure, I can say that I don’t agree with what they did but there is not a thing I can do to change it.  I get that there are statues up all over the country honoring the memory of this person or that person, but how many of the statues are really seen?  I just spent a week in Washington DC where there is a statue on just about every corner, and I really couldn’t tell you what statues I saw or where they are or who they honored. Maybe it is just me but if there is a statue that you don’t like or don’t agree with, isn’t it just as easy to ignore it or not search it out than to bring it down and try to change the past?  We can’t deny that it happened, we can only try to not let it happen again.    

No comments:

Post a Comment