Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Daily Dose of BS Feb 21 jobs

I heard an interview yesterday morning talking about how Wisconsin is having a hard time finding people to fill all the jobs that are here.  I guess we are seeing this first hand in Western Wisconsin, there are many jobs that are going unfilled from starting jobs, for example, Taco Bell, the one on West Avenue has been on and off open over the past few weeks, I have heard because they can’t find anyone to run the place.  I know of a few big companies looking to recruit talent, the job boards have jobs listed but there is a shortage of people either willing to jump ship from a job that they like or are unqualified because of made up requirements.  I have some friends who work at each of the hospitals and I have heard conversations from them about how many times employers are missing out on great employees that are already in the system because they want to have a certain degree or higher for the job, not considering the experience of the person or the loyalty that they have already shown.  What do you suggest that we do to build the talent pool for these businesses?  

No comments:

Post a Comment