Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Daily Dose of BS Feb 20 icy roads

Its icy in La Crosse and surrounding areas, however every road that I took in to work this morning was already salted as I live about a half a block from the main drag.  For me the drive in to work was ok but I am assuming that the side roads are skatable.   My walk in to work across the parking lot did take me about as long as my drive in to work today.  When the roads are as they are today it is so important to be extra careful, slow down, don’t rush, keep both hands on the wheel, you know all the things that you are supposed to do every day.  Also remember that your 4-wheel drive car doesn’t help when you are sliding on ice, you are still sliding on ice.  The icy roads didn’t hit La Crosse until much later that forecasted.  Would you rather hear of the possibility of bad weather or be surprised by it?  For me I appreciated what I heard yesterday, because it put me in the right frame of mind for today.  Remember slow down, and pay attention.  This isn’t the Olympics we are not in a race to get anywhere today, just make it there safely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment