Thursday, September 28, 2017

Daily Dose of BS Sept 28 Oktoverfest

Are you ready for the annual La Crosse holiday?  Oktoberfest begins this afternoon with the Lederhosen Luncheon, the special fester carnival after that and the torchlight parade tonight.  Tomorrow morning swing by the American Legion for the annual slicing of the Golden Brat an over 90 pound brat severed up with all the fixings.  After living in La Crosse since 1992 I have been around Oktoberfest for 25 years, participating in the parade many, many times over those years, watching it multiple times and always amazed at the amount of people who come out of the wood work to watch and cheer.  I have never staked my claim to city property for parade watching, I am more of a floater.  On the years when I didn’t ride in the parade I would start in one area, and kind of party hop.  I hope that this years parade is more manageable in time than some of the years when it ended up being a 5 plus hour parade.  Here is to a safe, fun, trouble free Oktoberfest.  Gemütlichkeit, Ein Prosit and Old McDonald has a farm, ummm I mean EiEiEio…have a great fest.

No comments:

Post a Comment