Thursday, September 14, 2017

Daily Dose of BS Sept 14 shootings

Reports of a high school shooting in Washington state from yesterday has one dead 3 injured and a school janitor a hero.  There is also a report of a 19-year-old that killed his mom because she wouldn’t let her son keep a puppy.  I don’t get the anger that goes with these kids.  I am not sure if the coping mechanism is different with today’s kids then it was when I was a kid but I tell you what when I was a kid I was disappointed many times.  I never shot and killed anyone I never pulled a gun on anyone, I never wanted to kill or maim anyone.  I was brought up with the mantra of sticks and stone can break my bones but words will never hurt me.  I have said that nursery rhyme many times while growing up.  Guess what it worked, I made it through my childhood.  But the one lie is that sometimes words do hurt, I think that we and by we I mean us all we do need to watch what we say but we also need to have thicker skin and not take everything to heart, I do realize that is easier said than done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment