Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Daily Dose of BS Sept 19


In Cranston Rode Island they took away the Father Daughter dance, saying it violates state law because not all kids have a daddy.  The ACLU moved after receiving a letter from a single mom who complained that her daughter was not able to attend the father daughter dance.  HUH?  I can't throw a football but wanted to be the quarterback when in high school cause they got all the girls, I also want to be the boss here at the station cause I wanna be.  Heck since we are at it I want to get the discounts for AARP but am too young, what if I don’t make it to 50?  Grandparent day was a couple of weeks ago and I don’t have any grandparents anymore so I want the whole holiday taken away.  This is about as stupid as people saying that they don’t want Christmas or Easter because they don’t believe.  Why take away something that others believe in and are enjoying.  This would be a great teaching lesson for the mom she could sit her daughter down and use this as an example of how sometimes life is not fair, that things happen in life.  I am guessing that if the mom had any male friends that one of them would take her daughter.  I have been to the YMCA’s father daughter dance and it was a great bonding time for my daughter and I.  Taking away a special night for all these dads and daughters would be devastating, if it is that big of a deal to this mom, make a special day for your own kid and don’t take away the special day for these other children.  

No comments:

Post a Comment