Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Daily Dose of BS May 17 parklets

They’re back.  I spent some time downtown La Crosse yesterday and noticed that the parklet is back on 5th Ave.  Have you seen it?  Last year I talked about not getting the thought behind the parklet, this year no different.  I guess I don’t get the thought behind the parklet parks taking up street space, maybe it is that we have plenty of green space in the La Crosse area, maybe that we only have so many parking spots that line the streets.  The main difference between last year and this year is that I actually sat in a parklet now and can still say that I just don’t get them.  I am also concerned about the two possibly three spots that the one spot park is taking up, hear me out, people don’t know how to parallel park either that or they are afraid to do it, so with that they pull in to a spot and when they do they leave plenty of room for the car in front of them or behind them taking up a space and a half, multiply that by the length of the street and sure enough two to three spots are taken up.  What are your thoughts on the baby parks?  Are they a good idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment