Thursday, May 12, 2016

Daily Dose of BS May 12 anniversary

I always think that it is funny when people say that they married their best friend.  I don’t know about you but I go through fazes of best friends, I have the same core group of friends that I have had for many years, however the friendships do ebb and flow.   Which brings me to May 12th, 26 years ago I married Marcia Brooks, in that 26 years we have built a great life for ourselves, we have 4 wonderful kids, and nice house and really couldn’t ask for much more of anything.  When we first were going to be married, many people warned us of first of all getting married so young, I was only 21, they said it wouldn’t last.  We have outlasted many marriages, and the thing is we still can tolerate each other, heck we like and love each other.  I don’t know how I got so lucky.  Just think of the 26 years, and how life can change on a dime, or in a split second, our lives have changed many, many times in the past 26 years for both the good and the bad, but what I think makes us work as a team is that we are willing to overlook each other’s short falls and focus on the things that we love about each other.  So no I didn’t marry my best friend, I married Marcia, happy anniversary honey, I love you.   

No comments:

Post a Comment